The Board of Trustees of the FRSA Self Insurers Fund establish underwriting guidelines and standards for membership participation.
Underwriting is the review of proposed new members and the continuing review of existing members to assure that they meet the mandated standards.
A full set of FRSA-SIF Underwriting Guidelines is included in a membership application packet upon request.
BASIC UNDERWRITING CRITERIA for New Membership:
- Must be or become a member of the FRSA Association (www.floridaroof.com)
- Minimum annual payroll in a governing class code of $75,000 and at least five full-time employees with at least one employee trained and responsible for safety at each jobsite.
- If a contractor, must be State certified or registered.
- Must consent to a pre-acceptance loss control inspection.
- Provide at least 3 years prior loss experience.
Underwriting specifically reviews qualifications and compliance for:
- Premium payments
- Drug Free Workplace
- Safety and loss control
- Claims cooperation
- Other areas of ongoing compliance
Our policy... is to be more than an insurance policy.